Child Maintenance

Child Maintenance

Service Description

Child maintenance is claimed by any person who has guardianship or custody of a minor child. The person does not necessarily have to be the parent but must be able to show that the person legally responsible is not performing the duty..

How do I obtain this service?

Obtain a complaint form from the Clerk of Court and fill it at any Magistrate Court in your locality. Forms are also available at District Commissioners’ offices in areas where there is no magistrate’s Court.

How do I apply for the service?

After completing the form, have it commissioned by the Commissioner of Oaths (e.g. District Officer or Police). Attach a copy of the national identity card (Omang) and submit the form to the Clerk of Court for registration.

Cost involved in obtaining the service.


Where can I get more information?

Any Magistrates Court.

Go to top